If a clic clac mechanism fails Innovation Melbourne will replace or repair the mechanism to restore it to a normal working order. If the mechanism has to be ordered then a usual lead time of 12-14 weeks will be encountered.
House calls and transport calls will be charged at standard Innovation rates.[/ultimate_info_table]
Components that are damaged through misuse or lack of proper care.[/ultimate_info_table]
Steel & Timber Frame Warranties
10 years according to Pro Rata:
*0-5 Years Free
*5-6 Year 50%
*6-7 Year 60%
*7-8 Year 70%
*8-9 Year 80%
*9-10 Year 90%
Innovation Living Melbourne will replace or repair steel and timber frames with defects for 5 years from purchase. Hereafter a percentage of the retail price will be incurred by the purchaser
* Components that are damaged through misuse or lack of proper care.[/ultimate_info_table]
Refer to Innovation’s care and warranty guidelines. [/ultimate_info_table]
Vinyl (PU) Warranties
*PU is showing signs of peeling or cracking[/ultimate_info_table]
*Products exposed to heat, sun, moisture[/ultimate_info_table]
Foam, Feather, Fibre, Springs, Zippers, Sofa Bed Mechanisms (excluding clic-clac) & legs
*0-2 Years Free
*2-3 Year 30%
*3-4 Year 37%
*4-5 Year 44%
*5-6 Year 50%
*6-7 Year 60%
*7-8 Year 70%
*8-9 Year 80%
*9-10 Year 90%[/ultimate_info_table]
What is not covered by warranty
Natural wear and tear of fabrics, Vinyls, springs, cushioning and fillings. Furniture will show signs of wear and tear with use. Fabrics and Vinyls will fade and crease. Foam and fillings will soften and form to the shape of the user over time. Depending on the covering and the degree of use, the covering materials, cushion fillings and springs may need to be replaced periodically at the purchaser’s expense (see above table).
Please ensure that your furniture is used as it was intended. Do not sit on arms of lounges, do not jump on seats, and do not sit on the top side of the back of the sofa. Any item requiring replacement due to wear and tear will be at your own expense.
- Colour variations caused by exposure to the local environment for products including but not limited to fabrics, Vinyls, timber veneer, solid timber, and chrome
- Products or components that become defective as a consequence of misuse, lack of proper care and maintenance, commercial use or handling in transit.
- You must use and maintain the products and components in accordance with the care instructions for the relevant product and component as provided on Innovation’s website.
- If a component of a product becomes defective, you must not attempt to repair it yourself. Doing so may cause damage which is not covered by this Warranty.
Warranties only apply to the original purchaser of the products where the products are delivered to an Australian delivery address and remain in Australia for the life of the product. You cannot assign or transfer any benefit conferred by this Warranty. All subsequent purchasers acquire the products ‘as is’ and without the protection of the Warranty.
Refund and Returns Policy
Custom Made Furniture
Whilst Innovation Living Melbourne does provide custom services to accommodate its customers, we do not offer refunds for those custom items if it was due to change of mind. This includes change of mind or circumstance during the manufacturing or shipping process. Therefore, it is crucial that the buyer ensures that all custom ordered items are what they are after.
Change of mind – stock furniture
For any change of minds, the Innovation Living Melbourne will entitle you to a refund provided, we are informed within 7 days of purchase. If the stock goods have been delivered, all return costs will be at the buyers’ expense. Therefore the refund will be entitled minus, the total delivery and collection costs.
Innovation Living products and Australian consumer law
Innovation living products with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. The guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law are in addition to any warranty against defects you are given (please refer to the Innovation Warranty and Care Guidelines for more information). Should your product be defective, you may choose to make a claim through Innovation Living Melbourne.
Summary of Australian Statutory consumer guarantees
- The Australian Consumer Law applies the following consumer guarantees to all goods purchased from Innovation Living Melbourne:
1.1. The goods will be of acceptable quality;
1.2. The goods will be fit for a particular purpose;
1.3. The goods will match their description;
1.4. The goods will match the sample or demonstration model;
1.5. Any express warranties provided by Innovation Living Melbourne are satisfied;
1.6. You have title to the goods;
1.7. You have undisturbed possession of the goods;
1.8. There are no undisclosed securities on the goods;
1.9. Spare parts and repair facilities will be available for a reasonable time after purchase (unless you were advised otherwise at time of purchase).
Consumer guarantee remedies
- If you have a “minor problem” with an Innovation product, Innovation Living Melbourne can, at its cost, choose to repair the product instead of replacing it or refunding you.
- If you have a “major problem” with an Innovation product, you have the right to choose whether to reject the goods (and either choose a refund or a replacement) or to ask for compensation for the drop in value below the price you paid.
For goods, there is a “major failure” to comply with a consumer guarantee when:
4.1. you would not have purchased the product if you had known about the problem;
4.2. the product is significantly different from the description, sample or demonstration model you were shown;
4.3. the product is substantially unfit for its normal purpose and cannot easily be made fit within a reasonable time;
4.4. the product is substantially unfit for the purpose you told the supplier about, and cannot easily be made fit within a reasonable time;
4.5. the product is unsafe.
- If there is a “major failure” of an Innovation product, you can choose to:
5.1. return the goods to us and ask for a refund;
5.2. return the goods to us and ask for a replacement; or
5.3. keep the goods and ask us for compensation for the difference in value from either the supplier or the manufacturer.
- A “minor failure” is something that is not a “major failure”. It can be fixed in a reasonable period of time.
- If your Innovation product is subject to a “minor failure”, Innovation Living Melbourne can choose to:
7.1. repair the product at no cost to you;
7.2. replace the product, at no cost to you;
7.3. refund you.
- If Innovation Living Melbourne fails to give you a free repair within a reasonable time or cannot fix your problem, you can:
8.1. get it done elsewhere and pass on the cost to Innovation
8.2. ask for a replacement
8.3. ask for a refund
8.4. recover compensation from Innovation Living Melbourne for the drop in value below the price you paid.
Exceptions to guarantees
- Consumer guarantees do not apply if you:
11.1. received what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it;
11.2. misused a product in any way that caused the problem;
11.3. damaged the sofa bed by using a mechanisms incorrectly
11.4. knew of, or were made aware of, the faults before you bought the product.